Sunday, July 10, 2011

Monday Mailers - July

Isn't it funny how great minds think alike!!  Our theme for Monday Mailers this month is to use color you don't usually use.  So, last week, this is the card I made using Rose Red and So Saffron which I don't seem to use much.   I love these little kids from the Summer Mini and hate that they didn't make it into the new catalog. 

RECIPE:
Stamp Set:  Sunny Fun
Paper:  So Saffron, Rose Red, Choc. Chip, Wild Wasabi, WW
Access:  Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon, Border Punch, Dotted Embossing Folder, Markers

So this card (below) is the one I received my Monday Mailer partner:

Kathy used this card to spotlight all the new In colors.  Isn't it funny how alike the two cards are!  Great minds I tell you!!

We had some crazy weather this weekend.  We went out to dinner Friday night with friends and it was pouring down rain when we left and mostly through dinner.  When we got ready to leave the restaurant, it started up again with the pouring rain so we stayed at the restaurant a little longer.  (It was an Irish pub and they had Sonny's new favorite Irish beer so it wasn't hard to twist his arm.)  Anyway, it probably rained really hard off and on for about 4-5 hours.  The next morning when I got up, I looked out in our back yard and boy, what a mess!  Sonny built a drainage area on the side of our house a couple of years ago - about a 10 x 3 foot area filled with rock because we had been having trouble with water washing away our yard.  It's been working ok until Friday!  Half the rock washed away into our back yard and down through the woods into the creek bed beside our house.  Sonny and I spent several hours Saturday trying to recover the rock.  We ended up recovering about half of it but it was a hot and humid day and we were drenched when we finished.  Later in the day, we rewarded ourselves by going to the movies.  I finally talked Sonny into going to see Mr Popper's Penguins.  It was really cute.  I remember reading the book when I was a child and wanted to see it.

1 comment:

Diane Cavin said...

Diane C. says....
You two love birds are so much fun to read about. The things you and your husband do. My husband only sleeps and snores in the movies so we haven't been in 20 plus years. Your cards were so cute and I am also sad the children in the water didn't make it in the new book. Keep up the good work and let us hear more soon.