Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm Tired but I'm Home!

I'm back home from convention.  Whew!  What a whirlwind.  Sorry I was such a slacker on blogging but I was usually wiped out when I got back to the room at night (as mentioned in an earlier post).  Nancy and I finally got to have a real sit-down dinner Friday night!  She finished her swap with Late Night Stampers around 6:15 and we were able to catch the bus that took us to Stampin' Up's corporate office.  I had been before (in 2006) but Nancy never had and it is an experience you shouldn't miss.  When we got back to the convention center, we found a nice Asian restaurant right across the street.  It was really yummy!  On Saturday we wrapped up convention with a couple more classes and the closing general session.  We finished around 4:30 and then walked a couple of blocks to Gateway Mall with two of our Wilmington friends, Jeria and Peggy.  We had a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant and then wandered around the nice outdoor mall .... well, just Nancy and I.  Jeria and Peggy headed back to the hotel for bed.  Nancy and I decided to catch the Trax Lite Rail back to our hotel.  We weren't too sure where we were supposed to get off and missed our stop.  We ended up getting off way past our stop in a not so good part of town and getting on the next trax rail going the other way.  We made friends with a nice man on the rail who helped us find the right stop!  Then it was back to the room and try to get all our stuff in our suitcases and carry on bags!

Here are a few pictures I have had time to sort through.

 
The theme was GROW - this was Main Stage and it was beautiful!!

Me and my upline, Carol Bartle.  She lives in Tacoma, Washington and I found her in the crowd the first night.

Shelli on stage


Me relaxing in the garden!!

1 comment:

Diane Cavin said...

Diane C. says.....
Welcome back home. Glad you had a great time with all the "gals". Hope you got a lot of new ideas to share with us. Looked as if you had a great time and get-away.