Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

Hope you are having a great 4th of July and are staying cool and safe.  We stayed pretty busy all weekend so today we decided to just "chill" at home!  Saturday night we watched fireworks from our boat.  They were shot off from Queens Landing and we threw anchor in a cove across the lake and had a great view.  We took a picnic dinner and enjoyed that with my mom and my sister while waiting for the fireworks to begin.  Sunday we were out on the boat most of the day.  It was pretty hot and I stayed in the water most of the time.  I was in an inner-tube and rigged a pool-chair in front of me that I was able to prop my book up on.  So, I stayed pretty cool while reading my book and not getting it wet!  Later in the evening we drove to Mooresville and had dinner at Hickory Tavern.  After dinner, we set up our lawn chairs in the parking lot and watched fireworks put on by the YMCA.  

I have made a couple of cards in honor of the holiday and also as a thank you to my daughter and all the others out there who are away from their family and serving their country. 

 These cards use a retired SU stamp set, Liberty for All and they are stamped on a piece of scrapbook paper that I bought several years ago.


Thank you Ashley.  You will be home soon.  Although I am sad to report that she will not be returning as soon as we thought.  She was informed yesterday that she will not be able to come home early like she had been told a month ago.  She now will return with the rest of the troop sometime toward the end of August.  She has been packing her things and getting rid of stuff she didn't need to take home - even threw away her sheets (except for 1 set) last week.  She had already gone around and gotten all the signatures she needed on the paperwork to return July 21.  AND, we had made airplane reservations to meet her the end of July.  Of course, the ticket is non-refundable so guess we will just have to pay the penalty to change it when we know a different date.  I just haven't felt like dealing with it and will do something next week about it.  Needless to say, Ashley was pretty upset and I was too.  But, what can you do when you're dealing with the government?

1 comment:

Diane C. said...

Sharon, just checking. Diane C.