Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Whirlwind of the Christmas Season

It's that time of the year - when the faster I go, the behinder I get!!  I have been furiously working trying to get everything made and my Christmas cards done.  The past two days I have made 8 Christmas Planners.  I wanted to put them in the bags for my Stamp Club ladies.  Unfortunately, I have already put them in the bags and they are ready to be delivered.  I forgot to take pictures!!  Take my word for it - they are really cute! 

My bridge Christmas party is Monday.  I wanted to decorate some of those calendar planners that you can get at M's.  But, when I went to buy them on Monday, they only had 1 calendar left!  I can't believe it!  Usually you can find those calendars all year long.  My friend, Margaret, is coming this week to visit so I asked her to check with her "M" store there in Texas but they were sold out too.  So, when I couldn't find the planners, I bought all the little 3" square tins that they had which were 14.  I am in the process of making little note cards to put inside of them.  Of course, wouldn't you know it, all I bought were 14 and there will be 15 at bridge (16 counting me).  Luckily, I happened to have a larger rectangle Christmas tin that I will fix up for the hostess.  She always has our Christmas party at her house so she deserves a little treat. 

Tomorrow is my Mahjong Christmas party.  I decided not to do anything for everyone there - just not enough time.  Plus, there is an overlap of people at Southern Living Luncheon (last week) and bridge and mahjong.

Margaret and Graham are arriving here tomorrow.  They are visiting their daughter and grandson today.  So, hopefully we will have a little time to make a few Christmas cards.  We are going to the Singing Christmas Tree in Mooresville (Berea Baptist Church) on Saturday with my mom and sisters.  Then we'll be headed to Big Al's on Sunday for the football game. 

I probably won't have a chance to post anything until Sunday or Monday.  Don't give up on me! 

No comments: