Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Over the Top Decorating

Sunday a couple of friends and I went on a Christmas Tour of Homes in my neighborhood.  Wow! is all I can say.  The four houses were decorated to the max.  They were all done in different styles - Traditional, Eclectric, Lodge, and Tuscany.  I was in awe and hated to come back home and think about decorating my home for Christmas. 

The Tuscany home was just too much to me though - not necessarily the decorations but the home itself.  Sonny and I had gone through the home a few times when it was under construction a couple of years ago.  Keep in mind there are just two people living in the home.  It was three stories.  Downstairs there was a den, two bedrooms, huge "mudroom", full bar, wine cellar, and a media room with copper ceiling.  All the doors downstairs were at least 8 feet tall - maybe even 10 feet - I'm not good with that and made of cypress wood.  They were gorgeous but $$$.  Everything in the home was massive and just over the top - probably at least a two million dollar home.  The home next door to them has been for sale for over a year - it started out at 1.9 million - don't know what they are asking now though.

These art pieces were in two of the homes.  They used old pieces of jewelry to create a Christmas tree.  I'm going to start searching through my family's old jewelry pieces and make one of my own!


 

This was a centerpiece in the dining room at the tradional home.  The "presents" are styrofoam blocks covered in moss and wrapped with beautiful ribbon.  So easy!


This Christmas tree was upstairs in the traditional home (my favorite).  The toys were a step back in time.
I thought this snowman collections was really cute.

No comments: