Monday, December 27, 2010

My First White Christmas


We had our family Christmas yesterday at my house in spite of the snow!  We probably had about 4-5" of snow at our house - more than they had in Charlotte or Mooresville.  Marianne came over a little early by herself.  She had to go to work this morning at 3:00 AM to do inventory in Lincolnton.  So, she left around 4:30 pm to drive to Lincolnton to get a motel room so she wouldn't have to navigate the icy streets at that time in the morning.  (Better her than me!!)  Her husband, Greg, swung by and picked up my mom and Angela.  The streets in Mooresville were not bad they said but when they got closer to my house, it was a different story!  Everyone made it safe and sound except my brother who lives in Charlotte.  He didn't make it here. so we had Christmas without him!  


Even Ashley joined us for our Christmas gift giving!  We set up Marianne's laptop in the den and Skyp-ed her so she could watch us!  That was so special.  Wow!  Modern technology is great!  Someone mentioned at the end of the day that we should have set her up in the dining room while we were eating our Christmas dinner.  I just think that would have been cruel!!  Don't think she would have enjoyed watching us eat the mashed potato casserole that is one of her favorites or the apple pie!

This morning I put some of the Christmas pictures on a scrapbook page using My Digital Studio.  So fast and so fun!





No comments: