Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Cards

I watched the Steelers last night pull off a nail biter!  Our quarterback was in the game with a broken bone in his foot so he had a special shoe on and then in one of the first plays, he broke his nose!  But that didn't keep him from a victory.  What was so neat though was at the last 2 minutes when we intercepted the Ravens and finally went ahead, I "skyped" Ashley and we  watched the game together for a few minutes.  Then we were afraid we would jinx our winning, so we signed off but she called me back 2 minutes later when we WON!   She went to bed early Sunday so she could get up at 4 am to watch the game.  That's a fan for you!!  When I called her, it was 7:30 for her - she had to be at work at 8.  Luckily, the game was over in time.

OK - here are some of the Christmas cards I made on Saturday.  Hope these give you some inspiration making your cards.

For this card, I used Circle Circus.  I'd been thinking about this stamp set and wanted to see if I could use it to make a Christmas card.  Not bad, if I do say so myself!  I stamped the different circles in Real Red, Crumb Cake and Garden Green.  Then I punched the circles from red and green cardstock with the 3/4" circle punch.  The red dot on each one is Liquid Pearl.  The base card is Crumb Cake.

 The pink striped ribbon was the reason for this card.  I just got this ribbon last week and wanted to use it.  I stamped the Pretty in Pink rectangle just using an acrylic stamping block.  Just ink up the block and stamp it on your cardstock.  The ornament is from Delightful Decorations (pg 35).  I inked it in Basic Gray and punched it out with the Ornament Punch.  The base card is Pretty in Pink.

 This card was an experiment!  I stamped the blue cardstock with snowflakes in Versamark.  Then I clear embossed some of them and put white embossing powder on some.  Then Isponged different shades of blue ink over them.  I embossed a strip of green cardstock with snowflakes and wrapped it with the red checked ribbon.  On the ribbon, I sewed a basting stitch down the middle and gathered it.  I put little red rhinestones in the centers of some of the snowflakes.

 This was a super simple card!  I just stamped Peace On Earth (from Holiday Mini - hostess set) onto a piece of the Deck the Halls DSP (from the Holiday Mini catalog) and adhered it to a Always Artichoke card base.  This is just gorgeous paper and makes it so easy!

This is another piece of DSP from Deck the Halls.  The card base is Cherry Cobbler (I think my favorite color!).  I used Spellbinders Circles and my Big Shot to cut out the Always Artichoke scallop circle and Crumb Cake circle.  I stamped the "Dec 25" stamp (from Tags Till Christmas in the Holiday Mini) twice - once in Artichoke and the second time - only Dec 25 - in Cherry Cobbler.  I punched the Artichoke piece with the Decorative Label Extra Large punch and the "dec 25" piece with the oval punch.  The Cherry Cobbler piece is punched with the Scallop Oval.  I punched a white snowflake.  The little flower in the center is made by taking about a 5" piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (holiday mini) and sewing down one side; pull the thread tight until you form a flower.  Glue it down and add a pearl to the center and Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding at the bottom.

3 comments:

scrapperbecka said...

Very cute cards

tucker's mom said...

loved all of these cards... thanks for sharing... have a great week

Unknown said...

These are fabulous cards!! TFS