Friday, December 3, 2010

As Promised - Christmas Cards

Best plans .... you know what they say!  My plan for today was  to stay home and work on Christmas cards.  Well .... didn't happen!  I got an e-mail from a friend this morning asking me if I would come and help out at Christian Missions sorting through our angel gifts we had collected for under-privileged children.  Unfortunately, the way the program was run this year (through Newcomers) was not good.  The gal in charge didn't quite understand how it all worked.  So, some children in the same family were receiving 4-5 packages while others in the family were only receiving 1-2.  And remember - we collected about 85 gifts!  But we got it all sorted out this afternoon - taking from some and giving to others and going to the store to supplement a few.  I think it will all be good and a lot of children will be happy at Christmas.  So that was my afternoon.  My morning was spent on the phone with Social Security trying to sort out my benefits.  I have an appointment next week in Hickory at the Social Security office and hopefully, will get it all sorted out.  I was told to bring my marriage license!  After 37 years, I was a little worried about that one.  But, never fear, my husband is a great one for putting everything in its place and even knowing where it is so he was able to find it. 

After dinner, I found time to make a couple of cards and hopefully, tomorrow, I will make a bunch more!!  I received my first Christmas cards today so I've gotta get cracking!!  It's supposed to be cold here for the next several days - the highs only in the low to mid 40's all week - so it will be good weather to stay inside and get some things done.  I opened the box the Christmas tree was in today and put it up but I haven't done anything else to it!  We got a new tree last week - just a small 5" artificial tree but the best thing is, it is PRE LIT!!  I love it - I don't have to fight with the cords - or with my husband - to put the lights on!!  He was thrilled tonight too when he came to dinner & saw a lit tree.

Isn't this adorable?  I CASE'd this from a card that was sent to me last year.   I just used the SU Square Punches for his body and used my Copics to draw on his eyes, nose, etc.  The brown pieces are Early Espresso and Soft Suede punched with the Word Window Punch.
  
This cute little guy is a retired SU stamp - Twigster.  I found the background paper in my stash.  I used my Big Shot and Spellbinders for the circles.  The paper is Poppy Parade (SU Incolor).

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Sharon, great that you were helping the kids this year. Glad you got your tree up - I, too, have a pre-lit one and love it - it's so quick to get up and since I got a slender one, it's quick also to decorate. Love that card with the marshmellow guy. He is darling! TFS how you did him. Have a Merry Merry Christmas this year! I know you will miss that DD of yours.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you always come to my rescue with an idea! I have a friend who adores the little marshmallow smore ornaments. This will be the perfect little card for her! I love getting more use out of punches! Thanks for all your inspiration! Have a great holiday season!

Chris Robinson
ckrobinson01@hotmail.com