Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

I'm hoping to wake up tomorrow morning to a snow filled yard!  That's what is being predicted although not much accumulation.  It'll just be nice to see some snow - especially this time of year!  It has been bone chilling cold all week.  Today was the first day I dared to venture out without my long-johns on!  I was out most of the day and it was a very nice day weather wise - got up to the mid 40's and was not bad.  I got my hair cut this morning and then met a friend at Panera Bread for lunch.  After that, I stopped by Stampers Alley to visit with my stamping friends there and check out their sales.  A few more stops - Dollar Store, Best Buy, Staples, and Winkler Bakery where I had to buy some yummy Moravian cookies!  This store (where I bought the cookies) is just in town for the holidays.  They are from Winston Salem where we went last year to Salem Village and had the most wonderful Sugar Cake - hot from the oven.  I think Sonny has decided we may have to drive down to Salem next week!  

He made sausage balls tonight and put them in a tin to send to Ashley.  That is his and Ashley's Christmas tradition - to make the sausage balls together.  I helped a little bit but he did most of it.  I doubt she'll get them by Christmas but she'll have something to look forward to after Christmas.  It is not taking our packages very long to get to her at all.  She received a box from us yesterday that we sent Priority Mail on Dec. 10.  I have to take my hats off to the Post Office for their speedy service as well as to UPS.  I received a UPS package Tuesday but when I tracked it earlier in the week, it was due to be delivered on Thursday!  I was impressed.

I've made a few more Christmas cards in the last day or two.  Every time I think I'm through, I discover someone I left off the list.  Plus, when I was at Stampers Alley today, I bought a new Just Rite set and I had to use it.  A friend sent me a Christmas card using this set (hi, Vicki!) and it was such a pretty card, I had to have the stamp.

 This is the new set I just bought - isn't it nice?  Also, I love this ribbon trim.  Another friend was the enabler on it (you, Judy!)  I saw a card she made with it and I had to have it too!  Doesn't take much to persuade me to part with my money.

I love this Santa!  This is from a set in the Holiday Mini.  If you hurry, you still have time to get him.  The Holiday Mini expires at the end of December.

 These are a couple of stamps that I bought several months ago but hadn't inked them yet.  I used Versacolor Bamboo and Celadon for the trees.  Isn't the bear the cutest?  He has Stickles on him.
 
 Another darling snowman!  He comes in the same set that Santa is in - Jolly Old Saint Nick.  The paper is from the Candy Cane Christmas DSP that is now sold out.


This set is an older Just Rite set that I had.  I was trying to color the ornaments to match the Candy Cane DSP using my Copics.  I also dyed the ribbon to match.  I love this ribbon!

1 comment:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Pretty cards- love the variety- love the lace, love the DSP and Santa, you have a great eye for color!