Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas Cards .... Almost Done!

I had a very productive weekend.  I got a lot of Christmas cards made.  I'll start addressing them tomorrow and maybe I'll have enough!!  Things have started to slow down for me and I don't feel so stressed about getting everything done.  I put a few decorations up last week and decorated my tree.  Now to get some shopping done!  Tomorrow is my bridge Christmas party and I have all my gifts ready to go.  Saturday night my sisters, my mom and my friend, Margaret attended a Singing Christmas Tree at a local church.  It was awesome .... in fact, I think that is what has finally put me in the Christmas spirit.  Margaret had never been to a Singing Christmas Tree before and I think she really enjoyed it.  Even my Steelers cooperated today by winning by a good margin and not stressing me out at the last minute. 

I received a couple of pretty hand-made Christmas cards this weekend and they are what inspired me also.  Margaret had given me a few sheets of designer paper from a 6x6 book that she had and they got my creative juices going.  Here are a couple of the cards I made with that paper:

 For this one I dug out Flowers for All Occasions (SU) that I bought last year and don't think I've even used it.  I colored it in Cherry Cobbler because it most matched the paper.

 This poinsetta is watercolored using SU watercolor crayons (they are available to order now!!) and my aqua pen.  They look pink but it is actually Ruby Red.  Couldn't get a good picture of it.

This card uses SU's DSP from the Holiday Mini.  The sentiment is from Best Yet (retired). 

Hope your week is wonderful.  It is going to be COLD here all week with highs in the 30's and lows in the teens.  Ashley has been getting a little cold weather over in Iraq also.  The highs for the past few days have just been in the 50's and even getting down to high 30's or low 40's at night. 

No comments: