Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mojo Monday on Tuesday

My new catty goodies finally arrived yesterday ... about 6 pm!!  I didn't get any time to play last night - just got the box unpacked and orders bagged up.  And then this morning bright and early, I had to go into town to work at the Soup Kitchen. My volunteering at the Soup Kitchen may be coming to an end if things continue to go as they did today.  The ladies in charge of the Soup Kitchen berated the volunteers today over stupid things - we weren't putting the food on the plate fast enough, we used the end slices of the bread on the sandwiches, etc.  This has happened before but not as much as it did today.  It's sad that volunteers are treated that way when we are there to help them out. 

 So, I was happy to finally get home this afternoon and make a couple of cards.  It had been a while and it was nice.  I did a sketch for the Mojo Monday challenge using the flower from Apple Blossoms, a Level Two Hostess stamp set.  Here is the sketch:

And here is my card:


I stamped the flowers on white cardstock in Old Olive, Daffodil, Bashful Blue and Cherry Cobbler.  I cut out the smallest flower and mounted it on top of the large flower with dimensionals.  The flowers are punched out with the 1 1/4" square punch.  I edged the squares with my olive marker.  The "wish big" sentiment is from another new stamp set ... Wordplay.  I love this set!  So many great sentiments.  The DSP is some I bought last month in the Clearance section.  This paper may not be available anymore but there are still some good deals there on other stuff.  Check it out (see my sidebar).

No comments: