Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Gonna be Sporadic!

Just a quick post this morning before I head to the airport to pick up my daughter.  My postings this week will probably be very sporadic.  Ashley is coming in today and will be here until the end of next week.  I will be trying to spend as much time with her as possible since this will be the last time I will see her for about a year.  She will be reporting to Ft Hood in August for deployment to Iraq in September.  As Scarlette says,  I will think about that tomorrow!

Yesterday was just one of those days!  I was supposed to play bridge at 10 am.  I was all dressed and ready to go by 9.  I came downstairs to make my WW mocha smoothie.  I was going to drink it on the way to bridge.  Well, I was putting the top on the blender container when it scooted across the counter all over me and the floor.  It was like seeing a movie in slow motion - I saw it but couldn't stop it!   Of course, I had just washed & waxed my kitchen floor the night before.  (You never mess up when your floor is already a mess!)  Sonny helped me clean it up and I went back upstairs to get re-dressed.  Then I made another drink and I was on my way.  I was still on time!!  It ended up that one of the gals who was supposed to play bridge with us forgot and we only had 10 players (we were already one short anyway).  So, another gal & I volunteered to leave so they would just have 2 table of 8.  It worked out because I had found out on Saturday that our friends, Margaret & Graham were in Charlotte.  Sonny was going to pick them up on Monday for a couple of days at our house.  They want to see Ashley before she deploys.  I was in time to meet Sonny in town and ride to Charlotte with him.  We took our friends to the Penguin for lunch in Charlotte - a great hamburger "joint".  So, a good time was had and the rest of the day turned out fine!

Tomorrow Ashley, Sonny & I are taking a segway tour of Charlotte!  I am excited.  Ashley & I will hang around in Charlotte because we have tickets to see Paul McCartney tomorrow night!! 

No comments: