Thursday, July 8, 2010

July Monday Mailer

This month our theme for Monday Mailers is New Stuff from the Catalog!  Since I am still waiting on my goodies, I used a stamp set that I ordered last month during the "sneak peek" to make my card. 
I really love this stamp set - Awash with Flowers.  It is a wonderful 2-step stamp set.  The sentiment comes from another new set, Because I Care that is a hostess set.  I also used that great embossing folder, Square Lattice.  It is available in the Summer Mini catalog but you better hurry - it expires soon!  The colors I used in this card are Baja Blue on the Top Note Die and Old Olive.  The ribbon is the white taffeta ribbon that I sponged with the new Cajun Craze.  That is also Cajun Craze in the largest flower. 

I had a crazy day yesterday and I'm blaming it on AGE!!  I had a routine well woman check up yesterday a.m.  When I got to the doctor's office to check in, they did not have me scheduled - my appointment was the day BEFORE!!  grrr  What's the kicker is I also had a thyroid ultra sound scheduled the day before & I had changed it to Wednesday so I could knock both appointments out on the same day.  So, there I was with a couple of hours to kill so what is a girl to do??  Shop of course!  I went over to Stein Mart and browsed through their sale racks (I was pretty good - only spent $11!)  After my ultra sound, I got my hair cut, went to the Y (I'm trying to do better with exercise) and then met Sonny for dinner.  We went to PF Changs.  They have a great deal from 4-6 - they have a happy hour menu with items from $4 - $6 plus a few drinks.  So, I had a Cosmo with lettuce wraps and Crispy Green Beans.  Yum!!

No comments: