Saturday, July 10, 2010

Great Minds ....

Have you heard the saying, great minds think alike?  Well, guess that's true in this instance. I received my July Monday Mailer today from Ariel and think she was CASE-ing the same card I CASE-d this week!  I just haven't had time to upload it until now.  (We took Sammy home today and I am able to reclaim my work area!) 

What do you think?  Here's my card:

I cut a rectangle out of a piece of cardboard and placed it in the center of my card.  Then I sponged using Crumb Cake.  I stamped the hydrangea in black craft ink and embossed it.    I watercolored the hydrangeavon a separate piece of white cardstock in a mixture of pinks and reds.  I cut the whole thing out and raised up the flower part with dimensionals.  I used pink rhinestone brads in the corner.  The white image is mounted onto a Rose Red card.  The two-sided ribbon is non-SU but it matches the card great!

Here is the Monday Mailer card I received from Ariel:


How cool is this?  The card is Crumb Cake with a Chocolate Chip piece embossed with the Big Shot Lattice folder.  She sponged the Crumb Cake onto a Very Vanilla piece and stamped the flower in Chocolate Chip.  The hydrangea is stamped in Cherry Cobbler, cut out and raised with dimensionals.  She used silver brads in the corner.

Here is the inspiration for our work from Splitcoast Stampers - BECAUSE I CARE.

No comments: