Friday, July 9, 2010

Get Your Groupon!

My daughter hooked me up with this great site so I thought I'd pass it along to you.  It's called Groupon.  The way it works is - you sign up with them for free by e-mail and each day they feature something cool to do at a really good price. You only get the deal if enough people join that day.  Many times the deals are something I am not interested in or they are in Charlotte.  But here are 2 of the deals that I have taken advantage of:

#1 - I paid $10 for a $25 gift certificate to "Oh Scrap" - a scrapbooking store in Charlotte.  I actually bought 2 of these for a total of $20 for $50 worth of stuff.  It doesn't expire until mid-December so I have plenty of time to use it.

#2 - I paid $30 for a Segway Tour of Charlotte - a $65 value.  I bought 3 of these and when Ashley comes to town in a couple of weeks, that is one of the things we will do while she is here.  Fun!

When I was in Texas, Ashley had bought a Groupon deal for a wine tasting and free bottle of wine at a local winery.  I think she paid about $20 for it and we had 3 wine tastings and a couple of bottles of wine to take home!  She has used Groupon quite a bit for local restaurants in San Antonio.

If you have further questions, check out their FAQ HERE

If you decide to check it out and sign up, tell them I sent you and use THIS REFERRAL.  You get $10 in your account each time you refer someone.  I appreciate it!

No comments: