Sunday, July 25, 2010

Baby, It's Hot Outside!

I've been busy making cards this weekend .... anything to stay inside and away from the heat!!  We have a thermometer on our back porch that today registered 111 degrees!!  Whew!  I know that will not be the "official high" registered at the airport but that is the official high for my house!! 

I did two cards very similar in the Black Magic Technique.  Remember a few months ago when I got hooked on this technique?  Well, I forgot how fun it is! 

This is the one I did yesterday using Friends Never Fade.  I stamped the images in white craft ink on Night of Navy and used pencils to color them in.  After blending the colors, I outlined everything with my white gel pen.  The scallop piece is Barely Banana and the card is Brillant Blue - both retired.


This one is from my Monday Mailer this week.  Again, I stamped the image on Night of Navy.  The scallops and the strip behind are So Saffron.  The card is Pacific Point.   The sentiment is from the Friendship Wheel that I have cut apart.

No comments: