Monday, July 5, 2010

Getting my Mojo on

Tonight I did a couple of cards in response to the Mojo Challenge this week.  The sketch challenge is always a fun one.  Plus I had a couple of new stamps that I wanted to use. 


This card is my favorite!  I just love this stamp.  I made two cards with it tonight.  On this one I embossed the black craft ink.  The stamp is "Inspire Butterfly Collage" by Memory Box.  I sponged So Saffron, Regal Rose and Bashful Blue on the butterfly trying to blend the colors together with muddy'ing them up.  I used my Nestabilities to cut out the ovals.  I stamped the French Script (SU) on a piece of So Saffron in black ink and adhered it down one side of the card.  I glued black strips down vertically and glued pink grosgrain ribbon horizontally.  The "inspire" is actually cut out separately and pieced onto the oval. 


Here is the other card I made with this stamp.  This is the full stamp image.  I sponged Turquoise, Amethyst, Celery and Banana onto the butterfly this time for a softer look. This card is also glittered.  And I used my Scor Pal to score lines around the card.

This is second card I made for the Mojo challenge.  I just love this saying!  Are you flipping right now .... or flopping???  The stamp is one from "M's" $1.00 bin that I have had forever.  The seashell paper is some I had left over after making Marianne's BEACH book which I'll be sharing soon.

Of course, I had company all night while I was stamping.  Sammie was either sitting on my desk or in my trash!  Here she is in my little mini trash bin:


I have trash all over the floor now!

My local stamp store, Stampers Alley had a close call this weekend.  It is in an old wooden building and behind it there is another long wooden storage building.  I don't know what it was used for but it caught fire Saturday night and burned to the ground in quick time.  There are pictures of the fire on the left column under Stamper Alley.  Also, you can read about it HERE and see other pictures.  See for yourself.  Brenda at Stampers Alley was extremely lucky.  The firemen did a good job of keeping water on her building so it didn't catch on fire also. 

No comments: