Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A few techniques

Today I actually went out on my own!  I figured the roads were clear enough for a non-snow driver like myself to venture onto.  Although, most of the area schools were still out.  I heard a lot of mothers bemoaning this fact when I was in Michaels!  I had my Newcomers meeting this morning.  We did installation of officers for next year.  I was Corresponding Secretary (in charge of the newsletter) last year and am doing it again next year.  I will sure miss my old board members.  We got along so good!  Hopefully, the upcoming board will work just as well together although I don't know many of them.  But, that's what the club is all about - making new friends!

I want to share some of the cards I've made since I've been stuck in the house for the past few days.  It's actually been a pretty productive few days.

This one uses the Embossing Resist Technique on glossy paper.  After running my Embossing Buddy over the glossy cardstock, I stamped the French Script and Inspired by Nature with Versamark ink.  I then embossed it with clear embossing powder and melted it with the heat gun.  Next, I sponged a few colors on the card - Ruby Red, So Saffron, Old Olive.  Then use a tissue to buff the color off the stamped images.

For this card, I stamped the glossy white paper with Black Staz-On ink and sponged colors over the flowers - Bermuda Bay, Pixie Pink and Green Galore.  I then cut the flowers out and mounted them on a piece of glossy paper that I had stamped with the Canvas Background stamp (stamped in the same colors randomly.) 

This is a square card.  I stamped Riot of Petals on the 5" square card and the 3 1/2" square of Pale Plum.  Then I used my Copics to color in the petals of the flowers.  I put a little yellow Stickles in the middle of the flowers and mounted the smaller piece of Perfect Plum.  I tied a Rich Razzleberry ribbon around.

Oh - I have a little Ashley / Haiti news.  Looks like she will not be going to Haiti any time soon.  After getting her address changed so her mail would be coming to us, getting a Power of Attorney, etc, and waiting for two weeks to find out something, she was told yesterday that the deployment had been pushed back and they don't know when (or if) it is going to happen.  Needless to say, she is very disappointed.

No comments: