Sunday, November 8, 2009

Snowflakes

I just love this card I made today -


It is a white card with a Bashful Blue layer (4" x 5 1/4") and a piece of DSP (SU Merry Moments) layer (5" x 3 3/4").  I used my Nestabilities to cut the Ovals and stamped "Peace, Love, Joy" (All Holidays - such a great versatile set!).  The snowflakes are also Nestabilities.  I ran them through the Big Shot and - keeping them in the stencil - using a sponge dauber, pounced Ranger Broken China on the white parts.  After doing that to all of them, I popped them out.  Then I ran Crystal Effects (could use a clear drying glue too) over the snowflakes and sprinkled Chunky Glitter all over them.  Let dry and put them together.  I took a piece of wire and ran it through the buttons and through the holes in the middle of the snowflakes and tied it off in the back.  Then I curled the wire and pulled it out on the side - hard to see it in the picture. (if you click on the card, you can enlarge it & you will see the curled wire)