Saturday, November 21, 2009

Missing in Action

Sorry I've been MIA (Missing In Action) but I've been ubber-busy this week!!  We drove to Chapel Hill on Monday & met Ashley and friends for lunch.  Then traveled to Raleigh to go to Archivers.  It was a nice store but not as great as I had imagined it to be from all I'd heard.  I actually only bought a couple of things - and mostly for my sister!!  Tuesday and Wednesday were spent in Winston Salem at Old Salem Village (a Moravian village).  It was really neat.  I'll share a few pictures when I get them downloaded.  On Tuesday, the demonstrations were all from the 18th century and on Wednesday, from the 19th century.  Tuesday was a beautiful day but Wednesday was cold and rainy all day ... bummer.  Thursday, Ashley and I had a little time to play in my stamp room.  She is trying to get a couple of scrapbooks done for friends who are expecting little boys.  We met Sonny for lunch; then headed up to Hickory to the furniture mart to look for furniture for her new house.  Then, back to Mooresville for the Stamp of the Month class at Stampers Alley.  As soon as we finished that, we met Sonny, Marianne and her son, Harrison to watch the Panther game (boo ... they lost).  Friday it was on to the Southern Living Christmas Show in Charlotte ... after eating a great lunch in downtown Charlotte at Mertz Heart and Soul (yummy fried chicken and southern style veggies!)  Today, we are picking up my Mom and getting a pedicure, going for wine tasting and having lunch in Mooresville!

Whew!  I'll need a vacation soon!  But, I promise to post some great cards later this afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, it was great seeing both you and Ashley Thursday night. I really do appreciate your support. I feel the same way about Archivers, I really didn't buy that much when I was there. But, if your scrapbooking you can really rack up...I love just going and walking in Old Salem, its so nice and peaceful. I you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving...
Robin