Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Mile High Win!

I was a little nervous about Monday night's game, but guess I didn't need to be!!  We decided to stay at home and watch the game instead of joining fellow Pittsburgh fans at Big Al's last night.  I put on my new Bradshaw Jersey that Ashley gave me for my birthday and settled down in my easy chair.  The first half I was still a little worried.  The Steelers offense didn’t do much in the first half but was full throttle in the final 30 minutes. Rashard Mendenhall ran for 130 yards in the second half.  Ben Roethlisberger completed 15 of 20 for 184 yards in the second half.  The cherry on the top of all this was a five-minute, 74-yard drive late in the fourth quarter, which was capped by a 3-yard touchdown pass to Hines Ward. This play was spectacular because as Ward caught the ball, Denver cornerback Champ Bailey was lined up to make a textbook tackle. Ward leaped over him and left Bailey grasping at air.

Wow, what an athlete!!  Ward then ran to the stands and tossed the ball to a guy wearing a No. 86 jersey which is par for the course for him.  I think they get fined for giving the ball away, but who cares?? 

The Steelers defense is back!! Troy Polamalu, who was injured early in the season, has been a major difference. He was flying all over the field last night.  The Steel Hurtin' defense rose up in the mile-high altitude in Denver to deliver a crushing victory last night, the team's fifth consecutive win.  The Steelers dominated the Broncos and won, 28-10. 

The victory lifted the Steelers' record to 6-2 and a tie with Cincinnati atop the AFC North Division.   The Bengals???  Are you kidding me?  What is this world coming to??

The Steelers are primed and ready for a showdown for first place in the AFC North with Cincinnati on Sunday at Heinz Field.  I'll be watching at Big Al's with Sonny and Ashley who will be in town!  If you are a Steeler fan and live in the area, won't you join us?

No comments: