Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas Cards

I have been working on a few Christmas cards.  Aren't they fun to make?  Just wish I had someone who would sit down and address them for me and put a little note inside!  I used to send out a Christmas "newsy" letter letting everyone know what we had been up to during the year, but doesn't seem like there's much to say anymore!  So, that's one thing I can cross off my list!

This first card is made with the Patterned Pines SU set.  I embossed the card ... except for the center oval ... with my Big Shot and Cuttlebug embossing folder.  Then I used the Nestabilities and cut out a thin scallop oval to put around it.  The trees have Stickles on them - hard to see in the scan.



This card I just love the way it came together and it was by accident!  I stamped the Delightful Decorations in gold ink and popped up the red one in the middle.  I punched small holes to thread the cording through.  Then I used Baroque Motifs to do the scrolls at the top.  I stamped in red first; then, using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I overstamped in gold off-setting it just a tad.  The red scallop border is also popped up.


This is another card using the Delightful Decorations stamp.  With the Ornament Punch, they are so easy to punch out!  I embossed 2 of the ornaments and popped up the middle one. The ribbon is from the mini catalog (Sleigh Bells) and the DSP is Holiday Lounge.



No comments: