- Clouds are made of water droplets condensed around particles of smoke, dust, ash, and salt.
- Antarctica is the only continent with no owls. [It also has the highest number of degree heating days of any continents, but the penguins aren't complaining. ]
- At 840,000 square miles, Greenland is the world's largest island. It is three times the size of Texas. [Alaska has 663,267 square miles, and is much closer to the size of Greenland than Texas is. Also, if Australia, an island continent, were consider merely an island, it would pass up Greenland because its area at 2,967,910 square miles is 3 and half times as large as Greenland. Antarctica, another island continent would pass them both up with its 5.4 million square miles, 6.4 times larger than Greenland. -Al]
- 25% of all the vegetables consumed in the United States are French fries.
- Twinkies are 68% air and 32% Twinkie stuff, which means you can pack three Twinkies in the same space taken up by only one.
~That's a Fact Jack by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser