Tuesday, September 9, 2008

End of Summer Gardening

I did some work in my yard a few days ago. I pulled weeds - a job I hate, by the way, and cut back my dayliles - some of them - some are still blooming! Thought I'd share some pictures of a few things before they're all gone for winter.

This is my Ginger Lily plant finally blooming. I got a small cutting last year at a church garden club sale. It kept growing and getting taller but with no flowers. Someone told me a few weeks ago that it could take 7 years for it to bloom!! Finally last week we saw blooms, but it seems as soon as a bloom appears, it dies the next day. Don't know if that is typical or not, but it sure smells great!!






This is my chrysantheum - a little early I thought. It was so heavy that it split in the center and was laying on the ground. I had to tie it up with some twine. Hoping now, it will start growing upright!!












These are my favorite - probably because they are so easy to grow! I have had them in my garden in Texas, Washington and now NC. I also have them in pots too, When winter comes, I did up a little bit of it and bring it in the house - just in case!! This is a shamrock plant. I also have green ones.





And the ever popular, monkey grass! I just think it is pretty when it is blooming.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers Sharon! I, too, love flowers but none of mine did as well this year since I had too many to water and the city doesn't allow you to water often. I hope I didn't lose many of them. TFS