Sunday, September 7, 2008

Birthday Cards

I've been busy today trying to catch up on some birthday cards - 2 of them are belated! I'm so embarrassed that I missed my nephew's 2nd birthday yesterday. When my sister died last year, I made a vow to myself to try my best to be there for my niece and her boys and my nephew. Unfortunately, we are many miles apart (Texas and NC) so I do the best I can with telephone calls and cards. I slipped up this time though! Luckily, Zac just turned 2 so he won't really know the difference that his card and present are late! I had fun making this card. Don't know if he is into Sesame Street, but I do remember my kids at that age most definitely were!!
This next card is also a belated one. My sister's best friend, Sharon's, birthday was Friday and I missed it. She lives in Florida and comes to visit us often here in NC. She will be here this Thanksgiving and we gals will be having a "stampin' good time" when she comes!! This card uses my daughter's stamp set, Cheers to You. It's a really cute set from the new catalog. I used my Copics to color the "beer" and my Nesties for the circles. I used Crystal Effects for the glass and Liquid Applique for the foam.

This next card is probably my favorite. I really like how it turned out! Remember a few weeks ago, my 2 college girlfriends came to visit? Well, Brenda is the first one of us to turn ..... 60!! Her birthday is Wednesday. (mine is October and Jackie's is December) I hope she will not be offended by this card - I don't think she will. I just love this set that I got from Little Paper Shop. They have some cute sets - if you are a grandmom, check out their grandparents stamps! Again, I used my Oval Nesties and my new "Martha" lace punch. The paper is from Crate Paper that I got at the CK Convention LAST year and hadn't even opened it! The ribbon matched it great & I got it last week at Michael's in their $1 bin!



Hope you enjoy these creations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, this is a darling cute cute card! Great for those little ones! TFS

tucker's mom said...

Yes I did enjoy.... all three are great... will try to do the sesame street one for my nephews.
thanks for sharing with us...