Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thomas Kincade stamping

I bought a Thomas Kincade stamp several months ago at our local stamp store because I saw so many beautiful cards on display and I saw a "how to" demonstration.  Well, when I tried to stamp and color the images, mine were not so great.  So, this week when my friend, Margaret, was here visiting, I pulled out the stamp to show her not knowing she was not a Thomas Kincade fan.  (I love his paintings!)  Anyway, I pulled up a demo on-line and we proceeded to try to create a card.  Wow!!  Were we ever surprised!  We both used the same method, but boy, did our cards come out differently.  I wish I'd remembered to take a picture of her card for a comparison, but I didn't.  But, here is mine:101_1286

We ran a piece of acetate transparency through the Xyron machine.  Then I stamped in Stazon Black on the acetate (on the non-sticky side).  I peeled off the Xyron backing and used SU pastel chalks to dab color on the image.  After chalking, I brushed Copper Pearl Ex over the entire image.  It would only stick where there wasn't any chalk. 

 

 

So, after playing with these on Tuesday night, we had to go to Stampers Alley on Wednesday so Margaret could buy a Thomas Kincade stamp of her own.  I stamped a few images before she left today and have been playing around with them today.  How different they are and it is the same stamp set!

101_1282 101_1283

If you ever get a chance, buy a Thomas Kincade stamp and become an artist too!!

Sharon

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Thank you for sharing, Sharon. I have wondered about those stamps. I love your end results too.