Sunday, August 3, 2008

Make it Faux!

We are starting a new round of Monday Mailers on my Yahoo group and I am in charge this month (scary, huh???). For our theme, I picked "Use a Faux technique". The first card I am sending to Tammy is using Faux Metal. This is a neat technique that I hardly ever use. It's fairly easy. Here are the steps:

1. Ink your stamp with Versamark and set aside. (I used the saying "Thank U" from A True Friend.)

2. Cut a piece of cardstock big enough for the stamp to fit on and ink the whole piece with Versamark.

3. Cover the piece of cardstock with Metallic Embossing Powder (I used Gold)

4. Heat Embossing Powder until it is melted.

5. While the EP is still HOT, add more powder. Do this at least 4 times so you will have a good impression.

6. Heat cardstock again until the embossing powder is hot. Working quickly, press the stamp into the embossed area.

7. Trim as desired - leaving a small border around the image.
For my card I used Only Orange and Tempting Turquoise cardstock with the Baja Breeze DSP. I watercolored the image from Serene Spring (a hostess set in the new catty). I used the Photo Corner Punch on the turquoise & DSP for the corners.


I have actually already received my Monday Mailer. Beth Fox is mailing to me. She is going to Disney all next week, so she mailed her card early. It is fantastic!! She used the Faux Tooled Leather technique. She said she got it from Paula Zindorf's blog. I'll be using this in the future. Plus, I love the saying "My dear Kind & wonderful Friend"!!

No comments: