Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Monday Mailers

I received another great Monday Mailer this week from Beth. This time it is faux postage. I haven't done this technique in quite a while - think I'll pull it out and do a card. Thanks, Beth for reminding me!!

And here's the card I sent to my MM partner. She should have received it by now - or maybe tomorrow. Last week, I posted it early and she saw it here on my blog before getting it in the mail. I wanted to wait this week so she could be surprised. I did Faux Denim and it really turned out cool. I swiped my Brocade Blue ink pad over Brocade Blue cardstock in long strokes (leaving some areas uninked). Let it dry (I used heat gun.) Then swipe the white craft inkpad over the blue (in the same direction.) Let dry. Next, swipe Night of Navy inkpad over but this time going in the opposite direction. Let dry completely. Buff to blend colors. I trimmed a small strip off the edge and used it for the jeans seam. Then I used my gel pen for "stitches". I stamped paisley's from Western stamp set and the Dotted Background stamp in white craft ink on Riding Hood Red and cut it into a triangle for the pocket look. Dream Big is from "It's All Good" stamp set and I punched it with my SU square punch.



No comments: