Saturday, August 16, 2008

Exhausted but had FUN!!

I am exhausted!! I have spent 2 days in Charlotte at the Creative Keepsakes Convention. My sister and I got there a little after 10 yesterday morning and shopped the vendors for a couple of hours ... only getting down 2 1/2 aisles (out of about 7 or 8 aisles!) We then grabbed a quick lunch and headed up to the Paper Crafts class where we were TA's for noon to 4 pm. As luck would have it, we were assigned to be TA's for the same class we had paid to take the next day - Pocket Cards. The instructor was Sue Neal - one of the creators of Paper Crafts Magazine which I have subscribed to for about 8 years so she was like a mini celebrity to me!! She was really sweet and thought Marianne and I were super duper TA's!! (although she didn't give us any freebies!! I was a TA last year for Quick Quotes and got a free class kit.) When our shift was over, we rushed back downstairs to the vendor area to browse the aisles a little longer. We decided to forego going back home and fixing dinner for our families and instead signed up for an evening chipboard class. Luckily, we ran into Marianne's neighbor who also signed up with us so we could borrow her supplies. (We didn't come prepared to take a class on Friday.) We made a really cute chipboard album (I'll be posting pictures a couple of days).

On Saturday, I got up at the crack of dawn (at least it felt like it to me - 7:30 am!!) and met Marianne and Robin and headed back to Charlotte. We wanted to try to get there when they opened the doors this time! We had a couple of hours to shop with the vendors (got a couple more aisles done and a make and take). Then, off to class .... since Marianne & I already knew how to make the Pocket Cards in our Paper Crafts class, we decided to just pick up our packets and make them at home. Robin and I took a great class from Quick Quotes but it was fast paced!! Made me a little nervous. Quick Quotes was definately all of our favorite vendor! They have some wonderful kits, canvas book set, vellum quotes, etc. If you are at all interested in any of their kits, believe me, you can't go wrong purchasing them. The instructions included are very easy to follow and tell you everything step-by-step. My sister ended up signing up for their monthly club which was a pretty good deal at the convention. She got lots of free stuff for signing up. Plus, she is a newbie to this paper craft world and this will get her hooked!!
Marianne had to head back to Mooresville to watch her boys play soccer so left Robin and I to do more shopping and classes! We took our final class from Keller's Creations which was a Chipboard Wall Hanging - once I finish it, I'll post the picture. They had some really cute things and I bought my daughter a 6"x 6" Disney chipboard book for her upcoming trip in September. If you see either of these companies in your travels - classes or goodies, check them out - they are great!!

Wel,, I will be posting pictures of stuff I saw in the future. Right now, my head is about to hit the pillow!!

No comments: