Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Challenge using Cuttlebug & Nestabilities

I have not done a card lately "just for fun" so in the midst of cleaning today, decided to go for it!!  Much more fun than cleaning!!  The color challenge on Splitcoast was to use Kraft; Black and Rose Red - interesting combos.  I had the stamp set, Eastern Influences, on my desk since I am using it in a swap, so used it for the challenge.  I also pulled out my Cuttlebug and my Nestabilities - they were both lonesome since it's been a while since I used either.  I am always playing around with the "sandwiches" for the Nesties on my Cuttlebug, but, by George, I think I got it today!!  At the CK Convention, I picked up a Compatibility Chart at the Spellbinders booth and went by it today & it worked like a charm!!  I don't have the tan mat that they say you MUST have, but I have a similar rubber mat and it worked.  (And, I was just getting ready to break down and buy their mat!!)  Here's what worked for me:

TO CUT (stack from bottom up)

  1. A plate
  2. C plate
  3. Spellbinders Die (cutting side UP) - the side w/ridges
  4. Paper or cardstock that you want to cut
  5. B plate
  6. Run through Cuttlebug

TO EMBOSS (stack from bottom up)

  1. Remove C plate for embossing sandwich
  2. A plate on bottom
  3. Leave die face up on A plate with die cut still in the die
  4. place Spellbinders Tan Embossing Mat on top of die
  5. Use 2-3 pieces of cardstock to "shim" (I cut up a Cheez-It box)
  6. Place two acrylic B plates on top of sandwich & run thru Cuttlebug to emboss

So, here is my card:101_1275

I used the largest square scalloped Nestie on the black.  Then I used a smaller scallop Nestie on the Kraft paper and embossed it also.  I stamped Eastern Influence on the Kraft using my Choc Chip & Rose Red markers.  "kindness" is stamped in Rose Red on Kraft and scalloped with SU's new scallop punch as well as the black piece behind it.  It is raised up with dimensional's.  The small flowers are from Eastern Influences also and I embossed them with SU's Holographic embossing powder (retired).  I cut them out and raised up the bottom one.  I ran the Rose Red card base through the Cuttlebug using the Vines folder.  I used a non SU ribbon on it.

Enjoy!  Sharon

2 comments:

C said...

Very pretty...pretty picture banner, too!

Shirley said...

You have almost convinced me to start doing challenges. Lovely.