Friday, August 8, 2008

Drooling over the new Catty!!

Sorry I've been MIA .... but I got my new SU catalog on Thursday and have been drooling over it ever since! It is one of the best ones I've seen in a while. I'll be putting in my big order on Monday so soon, you'll be seeing some new goodies (depending on how long I have to wait for it to ship!!) And, if you 'd like to play with some of my new goodies, I'll be having a Card Buffet on Tuesday, August 19th at my house and you can make some cards, enjoy a little fellowship and some yummy snacks!!

In the meantime, here are a few cards I've made recently.


This one I used the stamp set, Older & Wiser (a hostess set in the Fall-Winter catalog - retired now). The unique fold is called Blintz Base Fold and you can see the directions HERE on Splitcoast. I used Designer Paper that is in the retiring catalog (Baja Breeze). The dots on the turtle have Crystal Effects on them.

The next card I made for my friend, Judy's, anniversary (which was yesterday). I really like how it turned out. I stamped the heart (from SU's Always) on acetate in Versamark and embossed it with White Embossing Powder. The colors are our new IN Colors - Pink Pirouette and Kiwi Kiss (love, love, love them!!) I used my Cuttlebug folder for the heart background. The ribbon is not SU - I bought it at Stamper's Alley - it is pink on one side & green on the other - perfect for this card! The pearls are from the Pretties Kit and the stickpen was given to me by a friend (although the Pretties Kit has them also).
The next card is an Acetate Card and uses another retired stamp (hostess set in the retired catty). I used rub-ons on the front of the acetate card. Then, I stamped the flower (twice) on watercolor paper. I watercolored the flowers and leaves. I
cut just the flower out and adhered it to the backside of the card front. I adhered the other flower with leaves to the inside of the card. Then, I put a piece of Pink Piroutte cardstock on the back of the card. A lot of dimension, but it turned out great.


No comments: