Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What's happening with American Idol??

Wow! That's all I can say. I wish American Idol hadn't become just a popularity contest, but that's what it seems. I guess Simon was right when he said his praise of her was the "kiss of death"! My sister, my daughter and myself were debating earlier (before seeing the show) as to who would get the boot. I really thought it would be between Brooke and Jason (didn't we all??). My sister called it though. She thought it would be Carly. I know a lot of people are turned off by her tattoos (let's not even look at her husband!!), but come on, it's a singing competition - vote for their voice not their looks!! Unfortunately, I didn't get to see it last night so couldn't vote (my vote would have been for Sayesha and David Cook). Wonder if my votes would have kept Sayesha from the bottom two??? I think it will come down to the two Davids and David Cook has my vote. The younger David needs to mature some more in my opinion. Of course, I also thought the final three would include Carly - what do I know??? Neil Diamond is next week. Wouldn't Carly have done a great Cracklin' Rosie or Glory Road?? We'll never know.


I want to share a card that I am working on for a swap. Signing off for now - Embrace Life!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I thought Brooke should have gone three weeks ago...and I was really start to 'bond' with Cristy Lee Cook...she was finally starting to have fun! Did you notice at the end of the show, Carly was hugging everyone BUT Brooke - I mean there was a little hug thing, but not like Sayesha's hug.
David Cook is my choice...let's see if older America can outvote the 11 -13 year olds that will vote for David A!!

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

I really like this card. It's simple, clean and very cute! Congrats on starting your blog too!

Kendra (from NC Demos)