Monday, April 21, 2008

Welcome to Spring!


I woke up yesterday and looked out the window at the beautiful yellow finches having breakfast in our back yard. Sonny & I love to feed the birds - as you can tell from the picture! But, we get really irritated at the squirrels who try to eat all the bird's food and destroy our feeders. So, we have tried to outwit them! Sonny strung wire between the trees and hung the feeders on the wire. The squirrels still manage to jump on some of the feeders but we have also bought "squirrel proof" feeders. When they land on the perch, it shuts the feeder so they can't get any of the food out!! When that doesn't work, Sonny keeps a BB Gun by the backdoor and has fun shooting the little fellas! We have really been having a lot of finches, woodpeckers and cardinals this week.


Another springtime view in our area are the beautiful dogwoods that are in bloom as well as the other fruit trees. I pulled off the road yesterday to get a shot of this beautiful tree near our house. We have so much shade in our yard, we don't have any dogwoods. I told Sonny I wanted him to go in the woods & dig up a dogwood for me. Of course, that is not possible because it is against the law here - the dogwood is our state tree!! So, I'll just enjoy them from afar.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You fixed the comments!

I was going to say that you're probably better off enjoying the dogwoods from afar. The last thing Sonny needs is to be in trouble with the law.

Um. That sounds bad doesn't it. I'm just referring to the traffic ticket gone awry!

Anonymous said...

You fixed it!
Your photo is awesome...don't know why I have this humorous vision of you on the side of the road trying to get just the right photo. I'm guessing dad was not in the car with you at the time, or it would have just been a drive-by photo!