Sunday, April 27, 2008

Exercise at the mall

Happy Sunday to all! Hope it was a good day. It was for me. After breakfast I asked my hubbie what was on the agenda. His plans were for us to go to the "Y" and exercise. I've been pretty good about doing that since we joined in January, but today just wasn't one of those days! I tempted him instead with a trip to Concord Mills Mall. Now, I know you are thinking, "my husband would NOT want to go to the mall!" Well, mine is not a mall person either - and forget about shopping!! BUT, Concord Mills has a Bass Pro Shop!! Ah Ha!! And, he has been wanting to get some new shoes AND a fummer hunting vest. So, off we went. Our first stop was the Bass Outlet (clothes store - not Bass Pro!). What a sale they were having - everything was on sale and in addition to that you took another 40% off! Of course, I didn't find anything (surprise, surprise!!). But, hubbie found some nice shoes at a great price! We walked all the way around the mall - going in tons of stores. I was looking for some summer shorts. Most of them were either too short, too expensive or the waistband was not at my waist! Seems like most clothes these days are made for the younger generation - not those of us who wear "granny panties"!!! Hubbie was getting to be an expert on scoping out the shorts. I'd pick up a pair and he'd say, "the zipper is too short" knowing if that was the case, they were low risers! Finally, after making it almost all the way around, I found Burlington Coat Factory (why do they still call it that? I didn't see any coats!!). But, their selection was great. Plus, by then, we were close to the Bass Pro Shop so hubbie could go there and I could shop and touch and feel to my hearts content! I ended up with 3 pairs of bermuda shorts and one capri set (with top and capri's) for a total of $65!! Pretty good, huh???!!!

Then, when we got home, I cleaned out my closet, putting away my winter sweaters and jeans and getting out my summer clothes. I had to try most of my summer stuff on since I've lost weight and am down 2 dress sizes!! Yippee!!! So all in all, it was a very productive day!

Enjoy this card I received this week from my Monday Mailer friend, Carol. She does beautiful work.




No comments: