Saturday, April 26, 2008

Being a Grown Up???

I guess being a grown up means you have to do the stuff you don't want to do before you do the good stuff! I started out the day by doing some chores I have been putting off. Like, dividing my African Violets. My violets have just been gorgeous this year. Don't know what I am doing different (well, maybe it's the violet pot and the fertilizer) but they have just taken off and have been blooming like crazy. My mother is the one who has the green thumb in the family (actually, I think she has 6 green thumbs because she can grow anything!!) I love plants but just don't always take the time to care for them properly. Sometimes they have to ask me for water. You know, when the leaves are laying on the floor, panting. I know my daughter knows what I am talking about because her plants have to beg her for water!! But, today, I divided one of my violets into 2 more plants. And since the weather has turned so nice, I moved all my house plants outside for the summer.

My next dreaded chore was to clean. I just hate to clean and usually the house has to beg me for attention!! But I got out that dust cloth and Windex and went to town. Of course, as usual, I got sidetracked in the meantime. A very good friend called (thanks, Sharon!) and I was able to sit in my rocker and visit with her for a while. Then, when I got to the dining room to clean, I realized I had pictures to hang. So, I got out my trusty hammer and nails and pounded a few holes. Then, it was lunch time!! Gotta stop and eat so I can keep up my strenth, right?? Finally, there were no more excuses and I dusted, Windex-ed the windows and even .... mopped the floor!! Now, I dare anyone to spill anything - you listening, Sonny? Tomorrow, guess I'll tackle upstairs.

After finishing my chores, I found time to play. I am working on some kid's cards. Cards for adults to give to cards. I am going to do a class on kids cards at Stampers Alley this summer. Since my kiddos are grown, this is turning out to be harder than I thought it would be. I'm used to doing cards with flowers. But I did a few that I am pleased with using clear stamps from My Favorite Things. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm offended - my plants are just fine, thanks!
The cards are cute -- you'll have to send one to Jacob for his birthday next week!