Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What was I saying??? Test your memory!

Well, yesterday found me trying something new. I joined a Mahjong group to learn how to play the game. Lucily, all 12 of us except for 4 had never played before. So the 4 "experts" had the job of teaching us. If you aren't familiar with this game, Mahjong is a game for four players that originated in China. It involves skill, strategy , and calculation, as well as a certain degree of chance. In the game, you are given thirteen tiles for a hand (depending on the variation being played). When your turn comes, you draw a tile and discard one. Your goal is to create a Mahjong which is too hard to explain!! One of the gals who was teaching us said that as she aged, she was starting to lose her short term memory. Her doctor recommended she learn Mahjong to stretch her mind. Hopefully, it will have that effect of me because my memory is .... what was I saying???? Here's a good article on memory tricks - give it a read! http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/10/09/healthmag.memory.tricks/index.html

After playing Mahjong all day, I had a quick 2 hours at home before going to Stampers Alley for a PrintWorks card class. We made some really cute cards and I got to visit with friends and my sister, Marianne. I'm so glad she is enjoying card making and has joined me at many of the classes! Plus, we got a rubber stamp for the price of the class!! Here is a picture of the cards I made last night.

Enjoy your day!!

Sharon


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go

Unknown said...

Hey, thank you for listing me in your blogroll. I'll do the same!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.