Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Maintenance can be a good thing!

I was dreading today! I go to Weight Watchers every Tuesday so today was it. Normally, it's ok, but .... last week I was in VEGAS baby!! And, what happens in Vegas stays with ya! I was not a good girl in staying on my Weight Watchers plan. (I don't call it a diet - it's really a different lifestyle of eating.) Monday was our first full day there and it was also our anniversary (#35!!!). There is a great Italian restaurant off the Strip in Vegas that we try to visit on each trip. A carafe of wine comes with your meal and at the end, they bring you the best Cappuccino ever!!! Of course, Sonny doesn't like wine and I don't like to waste, so I tried to do my best with the wine. Luckily, the meal I ordered wasn't my favorite (I was branching out and trying something new) so I didn't stuff myself with the pasta. Then on Tuesday, we traveled to the Strip again for dinner at Stage Deli. They serve the biggest pastrami sandwich you have ever seen. I do believe it has a pound of meat on the sandwich. Again, I didn't want to be wasteful so I had to eat the whole thing. I did resist the cheesecake though. After dinner, we went to see Jersey Boys at the Pallazzio. It was wonderful and we would both highly recommend it - especially if you are a big Four Seasons or Frankie Valli fan like I am. Our sweet daughter got us tickets to the show for our anniversary and the seats were excellent!! No one showed up for the seats in front of us so we didn't have to peer over anyone's head even if we did have a "chatty cathy" sitting beside Sonny. Every morning in Vegas we enjoyed the breakfast buffet at the Golden Nugget - omelets, bacon, sausage, etc. etc. One morning I even had to try the bread pudding (I know - breakfast dessert!!). It was the hot rum sauce that you could pour over the pudding that hooked me! Yummmm. After all, Sonny was having eclairs!! If the food wasn't enough, one day I drank White Russians all day and another day it was Capt. Morgans with DIET coke - talk about calories!! Wow! Anyway, back to Weight Watchers. I was holding my breath during weigh in, trying not to breath. The leader said "you didn't do so bad". When I looked at my card, I hadn't lost anything BUT I hadn't gained either!! So maintaining is a good thing!

I was able to make a card this morning for the challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. I love their site and used to always do their challenges. Lately, life has gotten in the way and I have not made time to do the challenges. They have a different one each day. Monday is technique; Tuesday is colors; Wednesday is a sketch, etc. So today's challenge was using the colors: blush blossom; groovy guava; and basic gray. Yesterday's technique challenge was to make a card using double ribbon somehow. So here is my card which met both of these challenges. I will be sending this card for my Monday Mailer because it uses SU's Ginger Blossom designer paper. I also used my Cuttlebug and my star punches. Hope you like it!
Sharon


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...that Italian place sounds familiar. As does the Golden Nugget breakfast buffet. There is nothing quite like eatin' your way through Vegas right?

Glad to see you got your blog up and running. It's fun isn't it? Looks great!

Unknown said...

I love the card! Blog looks great. Keep it up, you are so talented.