Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon!

I love bright colors.  So, this first card fits the bill.  These two cards made with the Ride With Me stamp set can be used for just about anyone - young or old.


I started out with a Real Red base. I cut strips measuring 3 3/4" x 3/4" in Daffodil, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Gorgeous Grape and Granny Apple Green and adhered them to the Whisper White.   I tied a piece of ribbon around the white piece and then adhered it to the red card.  I cut out a piece of watercolor paper with the Stitched Rectangles Dies. I stamped the truck and balloons with Versamark and heat embossed them with black powder.  I water colored the truck and balloons using the ink refills and my Aqua Pen.  When all was dry, I attached the water colored piece to the card with dimensionals.  I just wish I had a stamp of a lady or man to put in the driver's seat!  We used to have a set called Loads of Love that had the people stamp in it but I think I must have sold it. Oh well!


This card is the same except I used all retired colors.  The colors I used on it were:  
Card Base - Peekaboo Peach, Lemon Lime Twist, Wisteria, Turquoise, Rose Red and Plum.

I have a lot of ribbon!  During this isolation period, I worked on getting my ribbon somewhat organized.


I used to try to keep my retired ribbon separate from SU current ribbon.  Well, over time, I probably have about 5 spools of ribbon that are current and the rest is retired.  I have pretty much given up on separating them since Stampin' Up retires almost all the ribbon selections each year.  So, I decided to put all the colors together.  Now I know that I have about 8 spools of white ribbon and only 2 rolls of red!  But all of it in the picture above are Stampin' Up ribbon whereas the most of the ribbons below are not Stampin' Up.



This way of displaying my ribbons helped me out with these cards.  I knew I wanted to have a ribbon on the cards so I checked my ribbons first to determine what colors I had.  Since I had a full spool (almost) of Perfect Peach ribbon, I colored the truck peach!  Same for the Real Red spool of ribbon.

No comments: