Friday, April 24, 2020

Boo Hoo - Retiring!

Can you even believe April is almost over .... and we spent most of it in our lounge attire at home!!  I'll have to fess up that this "stay-at-home" order has not bothered me too much.  I've stayed busy crafting and doing things around the house that have needed done for a long time.  I get out of the house about once a week to go to Mooresville to the grocery store and get lunch or dinner at one of the restaurants (eating in my car or taking it home.)  The NC governor just extended our "stay at home" order through May 8.  He plans to lift restrictions in three phases.  Right now, the decision to stay at home is based on public health data and White House guidance.  NC needs more time to slow the spread of this virus before beginning to lift restrictions.  This makes me happy.  I have been concerned that they would lift restrictions too early.   There have been protests all over the state against staying at home.  I know that this pandemic has made life difficult for many people but they just need to hang in there.

Have you had a chance to look at the retired list yet?  Well, did you use a magnifying glass to be able to read it?  Between the font being microscopic and my printer not working properly, I had a frustrating time.  I finally found an easier to read list on someone else's blog. 



I had guessed at how many of my stamps were going to retire and was pretty accurate.  I lost 19 sets and have 23 current sets that will be in the upcoming catalog!  Oh well, it happens every year.  Since I still use my retired sets, I don't stress over it.  I got a sneak peek of the new catalog and there are some good ones in there!  Over the next few days, I'll be sharing some of the retired stamp sets that I have used to make pretty cards.

I'm happy that this set below - Meant to Be - isn't going to retire!  It is one of my favorite stamp sets plus it has matching dies - Stitched Be Mine.  

Love those bright colors!!  I used Gorgeous Grape, Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red

inside

No comments: