Saturday, April 18, 2020

No Matter the Weather .... We're in This Together!

04.01.20_DEMO_HEADER_AC_2020_2021_COUNTDOWN_NA



Can you believe it's time to say good-bye to some of our stamps, DSP, dies, embossing folders, ribbon ......!!  On April 22 at 1:00 pm (MT), Stampin' Up will post retiring product lists for the January–June 2020 Mini Catalog and 2019–2020 Annual Catalog. These last-chance products will be available until June 2 or while supplies last only.  And remember—retiring items sell fast. Get your favorites before they’re gone!  This is a great time to get re-inkers for the retiring In Colors.  They sell out fast.

As promised yesterday, here are the remainder of the March Paper Pumpkin cards.


I stamped the boots onto the gingham check paper and adhered them to the Stitched Label.  The lemon lime is retired but I hope it makes a come-back sometime.  I really like it.

Can you see the shine on the boots?  I used Shimmery Crystal Effects on the boots and on the portion of the umbrella above.  Also if you look close, you can see the little rain drops among the hearts.  Do you ever cut your sentiments apart?  It's a good way to use them when they won't fit on the card.  I sponged So Saffron onto the cardstock with the hearts and layered it onto one of the envelope lining.   I wrapped Bakers Twine that came with the Paper Pumpkin kit around adhering it on the back with tape.

Again I used a piece of the envelope for the pink stripes.  

This background uses the rain stamp from the Paper Pumpkin kit.  I stamped off in Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Petal Pink and used the stamp horizontally to make the background.  At the time I made this card, I didn't know what this stamp was supposed to be.  I finally figured it out with a little help from someone's card on Pinterest!  

More sponging - the top I sponged with Balmy Blue and the bottom with Shaded Spruce.  I stamped the raindrops with Balmy Blue.  The green striped paper is from an envelope that I cut apart.  The card base is Shaded Spruce.

I guess I could have used this card for Easter!  I dug out my Scallop Punch that has been retired for years to do the bottom of the Petal Pink cardstock.  I ran it through the hearts embossing folder.  It was a great way to use up all the little hearts that came with the kit - I had just enough!

No comments: