Wednesday, April 15, 2020

March Paper Pumpkin Alternatives

I've almost finished with the March Paper Pumpkin.  I think I have enough scraps for 3 more cards.  Then what??!  I have a new stamp set I haven't used so I'll be making cards with Ride With Me next.  Stay tuned.

This is the first card I've made with the door stamp.  I used the SU Blends to color the door.  This would be a great stamp to send to someone who is moving into a new home.  (I'll have to remember that!)

This is a notecard that came with the Paper Pumpkin and I used Under My Umbrella for the umbrella and flowers.

I love these meerkats peeking out of the boots.  And how about the frog down in the corner - did you miss him?  

This is my favorite I think.  I found that border (?) in the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set.  I used Dapper Denim for this card which is a retired in-color but I had the ribbon to match plus the retired "crackle" paper that I stamped the boots onto.  Don't you love the sentiment?  Great for these crazy times.

I know one thing - I need to stop baking during this panademic!  The scales are starting to be mean to me.  Sonny is getting used to having sweets every night with his tea plus I'm eating my share of the cakes, cookies and pies I've been making.  I'm trying to make them a little healthy by using applesauce in place of oil in the cakes and Splenda instead of sugar in cookies.  Sonny finished off the chocolate cake on Monday and was looking for his next treat yesterday.  I ended up making an apple tart but did it in two days.  He was looking for it last night but I'd only made the dough so he had to eat one of his Little Debbie cakes!  I finished making the tart this morning.  The instructions said to eat it immediately!  So I had a bite!  It was fairly easy to make.  I made a crust and put in my fluted tart pan that I've had for probably 5 years and never used!  I peeled and cored 4 apples and used my food processor to get them really thin.  The apples went in on top of the crust and I baked it at 400 for 40 minutes.  When I took it out of the oven, I drizzled caramel sauce on top .... yum!


No comments: