Monday, February 4, 2019

Humming AwayI

Well, I just watched the Super Bowl.  Ugh - tired of hearing about how wonderful Tom Brady and the Patriots are! And I couldn't believe that Coach Belichick didn't have on his standard hoodie!   I was pulling for the Rams big time but it wasn't meant to be.  I thought they had a chance.  It was a surprisingly low scoring game.   Maybe my Steelers will make it next year to the big game.

I received the Humming Away stamp set at Convention in November (we get a lot of free stuff at convention!)  It is so much fun to color the bird.  I have used markers, Blends, ink with Aqua Pens and watercolor pencils .... and they all work great!  There are dies that match up for this set and you can get both the dies and the stamp set together and save 10%.  I don't have the dies but it's not too hard to fussy cut the humming bird.

The first card below also is a fun fold card.  I used the SU Blends for the humming bird.  The only drawback to using Blends - they bleed through to the back of what you are coloring.  So, I stamped another bird and adhered it to the back. 


For this card, I used watercolor pencils to color the humming bird along with my Aqua Brush to blend the watercolors.  The hibiscus flower is stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I CASE'd the card from Brian King.

 


No comments: