Thursday, February 7, 2019

Winter Woods

I have had my eye on the Winter Woods stamp set for several months.  I finally broke down and ordered it after learning that it is carrying over from the Holiday Catalog.  (Hoping that means it will be in the new annual catalog in June.) 

This card was pretty simple to make.  I stamped the trees with Soft Suede ink onto the Very Vanilla rectangle (3.5 x 4.25).  Next I ran the stamped piece through the Big Shot using the Woodland embossing folder.  I cut out the snow (free hand) from a piece of Glitter Paper and adhered it to the bottom of the rectangle.  Next I matted the piece onto Soft Suede and wrapped a piece of ribbon around it.  (The ribbon is really old - True Thyme which was an in color way back around 2008 but it matched the piece pretty well!)  The sentiment is a good one - from a Sale-a-Bration set.


This card below also uses the Winter Woods stamp set.  I stamped it onto a piece of Wood Textures Designer Paper (6x6).  I matted the stamped piece with Merry Merlot cardstock and adhered it to the Crumb Cake card.

This card is going to someone special.  I love to listen to Phlash Phelps on Sirrius radio (60's on 6).  Through his show, I have learned about Janine Stange, the National Anthem girl and I joined her "team" to send cards and letters to various military people.  Janine is best known for her historic journey to sing the Star Spangled Banner in all 50 states - a mission she embarked on to honor our brave men and women who embody the song's meaning.  I recently received an email (as part of her team) requesting to send cards and letters to Medal of Honor recipients.  Janine will be attending a luncheon where roughly half of our Medal of Honor recipients will be in attendance.  I made the card below to send to an Army recipient.  If you are interested in learning more about this cause and would like to send a card, check out the details HERE.  The Medal of Honor is the highest award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving the Armed Services.



No comments: