Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Lasting Lily Sale-a-Bration stamp

I don't care for gardening, but I do love pretty flowers!  I don't have any of these lilies in my yard but I did when I lived in Washington state.  They are so pretty!  This is a Sale-a-Bration stamp that you can get for free with a $100 order.  Lasting Lily is a Distinktive stamp meaning there's lots of detail in the stamp; it does all the work for you.  I won't lie to you - I had a few challenges getting a good impression that showed the beauty of the stamp but I finally "got it."

TIPS:

  • Lightly tap the ink to the stamp versus putting the stamp to the ink.
  • OR apply the ink using a sponge dauber.
  • The images will vary depending on the "jucieness" of your ink pad.
  • I found that darker colors worked best on this stamp to show the detail.
Remember - in God's garden, no two flowers are alike - so make your garden your own!  





I stamped this lily with Coastal Cabana and the leaves with Granny Apple Green.  I took my colors directly from the ribbon that I wanted to use.  I love this Reversible Ribbon!  I embossed the Coastal Cabana piece with the Tufted embossing folder.



These lilies were stamped with Berry Burst.  After stamping the lilies and the stems (Pear Pizzaz), I took a pencil and lightly drew a rectangle.  I filled in the rectangle with my Black SU Marker.  The finishing touch is the silver edged ribbon adhered with a few glue dots.

This stamp set, Lasting Lily, can be found on the last page of the Sale-a-Bration catalog.  With the Sale-a-Bration Second Release of products, you can get the framelits that go with this stamp set.

Refer to an earlier post to see the items available for Sale-a-Bration.



No comments: