Wednesday, February 27, 2019

August 2018 Paper Pumpkin

Do you have projects mounting up and don't seem to get to them (like me!)?  Maybe it is time to prioritize your projects.  Make a list of them and then number them.  Check off your list as you go and before you know it, they will be done!  What cards do you need most urgently now?  If you are like me those are probably birthday, get well and sympathy.  And pretty soon I'll be adding Easter, Mother's Day and Father's Day to my list.

At my Stampin'  get-togethers, I tell the gals they can use any sentiment they want for the cards we make.  Last week one of my friends who hasn't joined us in almost two years, came and concentrated on birthday cards.  She took two of the birthday cards I had designed (see them here) and made two of each.  Not only does she have a few birthday cards but it made it easier for her to make the second one.  So when you sit down to make a card, why not make two at the same time?!  It will make life simpler!

I worked on making cards from my Paper Pumpkin kits this weekend.  There are about three kits that I haven't done.  The cards I worked on Sunday came from the August Paper Pumpkin.  I don't know why I didn't do this kit when it came in.  It is gorgeous!!  I understand why I still have my December and February kits but why was I so busy in August??  I think that is when I was having a mental block about making cards and just had to take a break from card making and blogging.

The first two cards are made according to the directions for the August Paper Pumpkin.   Those flowers are already printed on the card.



The next card is a Z Fold card - so easy to do.  I cut one of the pre-printed cards in half to make the Z fold card.  I actually made another card like the one below but with a birthday sentiment.  But I have already mailed the other card and forgot to take a picture of it!

I just love this sentiment!


I'll be posting other cards from this kit as I make them.

No comments: