Monday, February 11, 2019

Meant to Be not a Valentine!

I am really loving this heart set.  I don't usually purchase Valentine stamp sets but I made an exception for this one because I just love the Be Mine Stitched Framelits.  I wanted to show you that this set is not just for Valentine cards.  This card can be for an anniversary, birthday, thinking of you, etc.


The card is Coastal Cabana with mat card stock in Lemon Lime Twist and Granny Apple Green.  I love this color combo!  I went through my stash of Designer paper - believe me, that took a while since I have too much!!  But, I found this piece that I think was a Sale-a-Bration DSP last year and used it across the card.  The cute scallop strips at the top and bottom are from a die in the Be Mine Stitched framelits. I stamped the heart and sentiment in Melon Mambo.  I die cut a heart from Vellum to soften the Coastal Cabana dotted heart.

What do you do with all your Designer Paper scraps?  Toss them, store them, use them???  I decided last year that I had too much and I was always searching for a certain color and taking forever to find it.  So, I cut almost all of my DSP into 6x6 squares and threw away the tiny pieces that I had been holding onto.  I put them in some sturdy plastic bags (14"x14" that I think I got from Amazon) and separated them into color groups (blue, pink/purple, green, yellow/orange, etc.)  The hard part is deciding which side you want to use - for instance in my green bag, one side of the paper is green and the other is blue.  I just picked the side I thought I would use the most.  Now at least when I am looking for a piece of DSP to match what I am making, I can limit my search!




No comments: