Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Mother's Day Card

I think cold weather is behind us!  Today I think the temps got up to 86.  It was sure nice - just about boating season!  Sonny bought a new battery today for the boat; I think he'll be putting it in the water soon.  His hip is still bothering him.  In fact, he is scheduled for a hip replacement May 20!!  He needs both hips done but the dr. doesn't want to do both at the same time.  So, hopefully, this one won't be too bad and he will schedule the second one soon after recovering from the first one.

I worked a bit on my card stock organization today.  I love my rolling cart which is where I store loose card stock by color.  I kept scraps in a baggie that I dropped in each color folder but it was a pain to pull out each baggie and I found myself just dropping scraps into the folder.  So I ransacked the house looking for manila folders which I stapled together on the sides and put in the color folders.  Then I put my scraps in each one of them.  Now I just need a few more folders!

It has been a while since I just made a card for fun.  So I pulled out Indescribable Gift and did some watercoloring.  I love to watercolor and love how this card turned out.


The colors I used were:  Always Artichoke, Rose Red and Baked Brown Sugar.  I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and embossed it with white embossing powder.  Then I used my Aqua Pen and ink that I had squeezed into the lid of the inks to color. 

No comments: