Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mixed Bunch of Flowers

Sorry I've been neglecting my blog!  I don't have much of an excuse except I get involved in doing other things at night and just forget!

We went to South Carolina this weekend with a group of friends and saw a "Doo Wop" concert.  It was really good and had me singing right along with the oldies (but goodies).  On our way home on Sunday, we stopped off at the Front Porch Restaurant and had a delicious lunch - fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, limas, cornbread .... yum!!

I have made a few cards with some of the retiring stamps that I will be sharing.  Trying to see which ones I'll make for my Stamp Club.  I am moving my Thursday Stamp Club up to next week due to Sonny's surgery the 3rd week of May.  It works out because my friend, Margaret, will be here next week and she can be the hostess!  Sonny and Graham are going with the Golden Boys on their annual Skeet Shooting outing to South Carolina.

I have been consolidating My Digital Studio files also.  I have the program on my laptop, an external hard drive and also on my computer.  A lot of the files that I have on my computer & hard drive are not on my laptop so I have been going through and comparing the files and moving them.  I also set up several files labeled, Frames, Birthday, Holidays, Christmas, Tags, etc. and have been going through all the files and moving files into the proper category.  This is something I should have done a long time ago.  It will help me so I don't have to search for things.  There are a lot of files that get hidden away in the Designer Kits.

I pulled out the Mixed Bunch (retiring) set the other day and made this bouquet of flowers (CASE-d).



You will never guess what the container is!  I used an empty plastic button box (Stampin' Up).  I punched holes in the top of the button container and wrapped the top and bottom of the box individually with Red Line Tape. I wrapped a tube of white card stock around them (separating the top and bottom so the middle is actually hollow).  Then I covered the white cs with DSP.  Each flower is three layers.  I adhered the flowers onto a wooden dowel and poked each one into the plastic box top.  I shredded some card stock and glued it to the bottom to cover up the container.  What do you think?


Here are this week's Weekly Deals:

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment:

Barbara R. said...

I think your creativity is amazing.

Sounds like you had a great trip to SC. I love the Front Porch Restaurant. True country cooking.