Friday, April 24, 2015

MDS Monday Challenge #2

This is another page I did for the MDS Monday challenge this week.  I had a hard time deciding between the two so I think I will submit them both!




When we visited Ireland a few years ago, we went to the Aran Islands on the west coast.   We took the ferry to the largest island, Inishmore, which is only 9 miles of land but the island has such a weather beaten charm to it that it captured my heart.  The tiny island consists of a maze of stone fences. There are only about 1,200 people on all three of the islands. What fascinated me the most was listening to them speak.  Most of them speak Irish Gaelic and it is impossible to understand!  There is a ferry system to get you to and from the mainland but it is passenger only.  This view from a bluff overlooking the Atlantic Ocean shows remnants of crosses and chapels dating from the 8th to the 11th centuries.

The elements I used for this page are:

Background Paper - DSP Distressed Crushed Curty
Embellishments - Burlap Ribbon recolored, Top Notch Woodcuts
Stamps - Natural Composition Overlay #9
Punches:  1.25 Square punch filled w/DSP Etcetera #6, Smitten Alphabet Punches
Photo Box filled w/Amped Up Ampersands #2 DSP


7 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

Just beautiful! I love your colors, choice of accents, and the overlays. I really love the recolored ribbon!!! Thanks for doing TWO pages this week!

beth rush said...

Great page again Sharon! I really love this one as I have always wanted to go to Ireland. what a great photo. I didn't even recognize the ribbon, it looks great recolored!

Yapha said...

Another gorgeous page, Sharon! I love the papers you used!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful photo! I love the colors and the ribbon tag.

Unknown said...

Wow... thats alot of history Sharon! Very cool to have been there! Love this layout as well... the colours are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday this week!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous page and the history too! Love your color choice.... beautifully done!

Shelley said...

Oh I really love this one too! Beautiful!