Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A new Camera!!

I finally got my new camera so I will be better about posting now.  I was using Marianne's camera the past week but I didn't have the cord to download pictures to my desktop.  So I would have to use the memory card to put in my laptop and download the pictures.  I don't usually turn my laptop on until after dinner when we are watching tv and I would get involved in whatever we were watching and forget about downloading the pictures.  My new Kodak M580 arrived yesterday and I can download pictures straight to my e-mail, Facebook, Kodak gallery, etc. so I am back in business!!



I had Stamp Club yesterday.  The projects took just a tad longer than I had anticipated!!  We started at 4 and my last guest left a little after 6:30!!  But now I know how to do my Thursday group so they won't take as long (give better instructions!!).  It's usually a trial and error thing - I never think it will take as long as it does to make a card.  But they loved the cards and project that we made.  We started off making the plant hanger that I posted in THIS post.  They loved it!  That's where the "better instructions" comes in.  I had only intended for them to use the Sharpie markers to color in the center of the flowers - just a dot or two - but they ended up creating a masterpiece on their embossed image using lots of colors.  My fault - I didn't specify what to do!  A lesson learned.


This is the first card we did.  My Thursday card will be doing this card also but in oranges.  What's great about it is each person can pick their own saying for the card.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Paisley Petals DSP
Stamps:  Occasions Alphabet (pg 171) and Tiny Tags (pg 136)
Access:  Top Note die, Big Shot, Postage Punch, Pink Pirouette ribbon (retired)

This card just makes me smile!  I had a request for a kid's birthday card and this is what I came up with. You can adjust the colors in the circles that were punched out for a girl or boy.

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Stamps:  Button Buddies, Petite Pairs, (party hat is from retired Party Hearty)
Access:  Square Lattice embossing folder, Big Shot, Circle Punches, Designer Buttons

This was the final card we made - a quick and easy one.  The stamp set, Easy Events, is a great versatile set!  See the itty bitty heart in the corner?  Well, that is a trick I learned at convention!  Punch out the flower in the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and cut the heart shape from the flower (by cutting off 2 of the petals)!

Supplies:
Cardstock:  watercolor paper, Pool Party, Certainly Celery, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie
Stamp:  Easy Events (pg 57)
Access:  Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Bakers Twine, watercolor crayons, aqua pen, 2 1/2" circle punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Two Way Glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter

No comments: